Posted by seo_writer_joe as Email Marketing
In a tough economy, it’s more important than ever before to stay to maximize sales from all customers. Targeted email marketing is a great way to contact customers that have not done business with you for a long while. You can reignite their passions using these keys:
• Make Customized Offers- remind customers how important they are to you and make an offer to encourage them to spend money again. You can use a free coupon for a special item, a free “service review,” or free sneak peak at upcoming sales.
• Initiate A Customer Loyalty Program- map out a 12-month series of client communications. This can come in the form of email newsletters, real newsletters, postcards, birthday wishes, humorous cards, etc.
• Capture Client Details- many businesses cannot start a client loyalty program because they don’t have any client contact details. Begin immediately to capture client data including emails. If the date is already in the computer system, get it out and use.
• Provide Pass Alongs- help current customers reach out to dormant customers. Encourage them to bring in friends and family that have not stopped in your establishment in a while. Use “pass-alongs” like brochures and newsletters to help them remind other people why you are great.
• Check Your Analytics- Web analytics can help indicate if there is fall off for any particular products, sales or promotions. Double your efforts to refresh tired merchandising efforts that no longer “motivates your base.”
• Prevention- is your current marketing mix forgetting about your current customers? This is common. Many businesses spend a lot of time and energy getting new clients when they can make more profit by simply attending to current customers more.
• Consider Customer Lifetime Value- once you look at the average value of a customer over the entire scope of what they spend with you during their lifetime, you can see how much you can spend to profitably return them to the fold. If they will spend $1200 over 5 years, a $20 investment to get them to return is worthwhile.
Studies show that up to 40 percent of a business’s list is inactive at any time. Employ these targeted email marketing strategies and you’ll go a long way toward preventing “lost customers.”
Leave a Comment: